Reading the Watchtower and Awake! on an iPod, iPad and iPhone
Because the organization is releasing PDF and EPUB versions of the Watchtower and Awake!, we can utilize a great app called iBooks. This tutorial applies to downloading books as well.
WAIT! What’s the difference between PDF and EPUB? PDF is exactly how the book looks like in digital form. EPUB treats the publication as a book where you can highlight it, leave bookmarks and automatically look up built in bible citations.
- Install iBooks from the App Store
- Go to www.jw.org on your device.
- Click on the Publications tab.
- On the sidebar, select Magazines
- Locate the desired issue.
- Click on the Document Icon below the cover.
- Select the download format by by pressing PDF or EPUB below.
- Once loaded, you will see: Open in iBooks. Press it.
In iBooks, the first thing that you will see are books. If you downloaded EPUB versions of the literature then it will show here. If you downloaded the PDF files, tap on Books and Select PDF.
You can also use Adobe Reader or Documents 5 to hold the publication.