Downloading Digital Watchtower and Awakes!
The original page has been outdated for FOUR YEARS! With the new JW.org website, downloading publications such as the Watchtower and Awake has changed.
iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch users: You will need iBooks or Adobe Reader or another PDF/eBook saving App (like Documents 5) to download publications. If you have another app that works just as well, feel free to comment it below.
Android/Kindle Fire Users: You do not need anything to download the files, but you will need a proper reader to better make use of the digital publication. I recommend apps like: Moonreader, Adobe Reader or Google Play Books. If you have another app that works just as well, feel free to comment it below.
1) Go to www.jw.org
2) Click on Publications on the Navigation Bar
3) Click on Magazines on the Sidebar
4) Select a Magazine that you want to Download
5) Click on the Document icon below the cover of the magazine.
6) Choose a file format. If you want to highlight publications using iBooks or MoonReader (for android) then download the ePUB version. The ePUB version is a digital book version. It will NOT look exactly the same as the printed version.
If you want a version that looks the same as the printed version, download the PDF version. You can highlight this one using apps like Adobe Reader.
As for the other file formats, MOBI, RTF and BRL, that is a discussion for another time.
Congratulations! You have successfully downloaded the file! Now you can use it for your own personal study!