“Sing Out Joyfully” to Jehovah – Spreadsheet of Changes

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I wrote an article. But anyways, I am super excited to hear about our new songbook! When our current one came out in 2009, I remember receiving a cool spreadsheet of all the songs paired with their original counterpart from the Sing Praises song book, as well as a list of omitted songs and changes. Since the songbook literally came out TODAY, I decided to put it upon myself to list the changes and find the original song number from Sing to Jehovah!

There were sooo many changes, but all 151 songs have been listed, and I was able to locate songs that have been totally re-written and songs that were omitted from the new “Sing Out Joyfully” song book.

The link to the Google Spreadsheet is here: https://goo.gl/I17MPs

I really love our music, my dream was always to play in the WT orchestra. While it may not be a reality in this world, I have high hopes to play music in the new world.

Share the link with your friends!!!!!!!!

10/5/2016 Update: The amount of love I have received from people sharing this has been phenomenal! My awesome father shared it on MinistryIdeaz and they in turn posted it too! Click here to read the article. After I made the spreadsheet, I ran to my dad’s office and asked him to take a look and share it! Who knew that it would eventually be shared with THOUSANDS of others. A big MAHALO (thank you) to all the friends that shared it. We certainly can’t wait to sing out joyfully to our God, Jehovah.

11 comments on ““Sing Out Joyfully” to Jehovah – Spreadsheet of Changes”

1. raafje says:

Thank you! This is great.

2. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

3. R56jUVfJzqquJGmfULlNLopqGlzdeOvKm0nR4+KqEc8= says:

Thanks so much for sharing! I hope to play the piano in a new world orchestra! Presently I teach piano and voice lessons and have several Witness students, adult and children

4. Luke says:

Let us play together!

5. Earl Tilton says:

Thanks for your hard work. This will make updating song numbers from Public Talks much easier.

6. Thank u so much Luke. So helpful in unraveling the mystery of which song numbers have been changed. Keep up ur good work. …awesome.

7. Arnold Ngozo says:

Thank you so much my dear Brother.

8. Louise Wilbraham says:

Thanks so much this will be really useful especially to those who love to play the music. I’m in South Australia and not able to do as much now after many years of pioneering but really appreciate younger ones using their talents for Kingdom interests. Warm Christian greetings from your sister, Louise

9. John says:

I hate to say so, but I am embarrassed when a visitor comes to our meetings. Most of the songs are not good, and the music with them is terrible.
    One thing people love is good music at their religious meetings, but ours is usually terrible, as we only have a few songs that are really harmonious, and that are easy to sing, which ruins the song, and I don’t blame someone who does not come back. It is a shame but I believe our songs are a stumbling block to getting new converts.

10. Luke says:

Hey John,

In a way I agree with you. I can name a number of songs that could be thought of as, “unfavorable”. However, there are a number of songs that had major vibe changes with the orchestrated versions. Songs like 55, Life Without End at Last, used to be sung as a sad song at funerals, but the new version is so cheery and uplifting. Song 153, How Does it Make You Feel?, is a direct change in how our music sounds. The new rendition of song 142, now song 57 Preaching to All Sorts of People sound very very nice. I am so happy they are going this route to make our music more meaningful and uplifting.

11. Mont says: