How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview using VMWare Fusion
Hey All! I just installed the Consumer Preview of Windows 8 on my MacBook Pro using VMware Fusion. I installed a fresh version and was set up in under 30 minutes. Here is a step by step tutorial as to how to do it.
- Download ISO from Microsoft (Click here to visit webpage)
- Make sure the WHOLE file downloads. If you are installing the x64 version, then make sure the downloaded file is 3.58 GB.
- Open VMware Fusion, Create a New Virtual OS.
- Continue without disc
- Under, “Use operating system installation disc or image” Select the Windows 8 Install ISO. Click Next when done.
- IMPORTANT! Select Microsoft Windows for Operating System.
- IMPORTANT! Select Windows 7 or Windows 7 x64 depending on the ISO you downloaded. Click Next
- Click Finished
- VMware will now boot from the ISO to install Windows 8. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the install.
Congratulations! You have just installed Windows 8 on your MacBook Pro! If you need help during the installation, feel free to google it and THEN comment below.